Monday, January 02, 2006

 

Craft Room Show & Tell



Wooo Hoo! I have spent DAYS sorting thru all of my yarn, projects, crap I brought home from the office when I got laid off last summer, and misc. stuff. Finally, I can see the FLOOR of my craft room. It's been storming with wind and rain, day after day, so it was a good time to work inside. Just don't look in the closet!! Yikes! Scary! I still have lots of stuff to sell on eBay, but I'm waiting now until the house is sold so that I can spread it all out again to package in "Lots" by fiber type.

Rain, rain, rain - didn't even get out of my pajamas yesterday. I sorted thru boxes of misc. knitting patterns, magazines, stuff pulled from the internet, and dreamed of the days ahead that I will be able to make some of these projects. Tripped across my copy of Barbara Walker's "Charted Knitting Designs" and drooled over the unique patterns - doesn't your head just spin with the possibilities when you look at some of these excellent knitting resources? Mine does - shawls, sweaters, hats, socks - colors, textures, drape - sensory overload. So many opportunities - so little time (until later!!!).

I've joined another online knit-along - FLAK - Follow the Leader Aran Knitalong. This time it will be a sweater for me! Check out

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FLAK/ and the leader's site (Janet Szabo)

http://www.bigskyknitting.com/FLAK/knitalong.html

So far, all we've done is swatch for gauge in the filler stitch, and practice for cables. So there's pleanty of time to join the fun!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?